Yogesh Borkar, CFA
Yogesh is a Senior Vice President in the firm and Portfolio Manager for the Axiom International Small Cap Equity Strategy and has researched & invested in international equities, especially small & mid cap companies for nearly 30 years. Prior to Axiom, Yogesh was an Associate Portfolio Manager at Fidelity Investments, Senior Research Analyst at DuPont Capital Management, Portfolio Manager/Senior Research Analyst at ValueQuest/TA and Vice President of Global Research at CIFAR Princeton. Yogesh has the designation of Chartered Financial Analyst and the Certificate in ESG Investing awarded by the CFA Institute. He is also a Chartered Public Accountant, member of the CFA Hartford (CT) Society, and is the author of the book, Rising Stars in Emerging Markets, focusing on small cap emerging market companies. He holds an M.B.A from Yale University and a Bachelors in Business Management from the University of Bombay.
Yogesh has been an active mentor to Yale University students, including being an industry mentor at the CFA Institute Research challenge. Yogesh is passionate about supporting global issues such as environment, health, and social justice. His key interests include nature, travel, world history, cultures & cuisines, writing, and sports, including tennis.
- Senior Vice President/Portfolio Manager, Axiom Investors, 2021-Present
- Vice President/Portfolio Manager, Axiom lnvestors, 2013-2021
- Associate Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Investments, 2005-2012
- Senior Research Analyst, DuPont Capital Management, 2001-2005
- Portfolio Manager/Senior Research Analyst, ValueQuest/TA, 1996-2001
- Vice President, Global Research, CIFAR Princeton, 1989-1994
- Author, Rising Stars in Emerging Markets, Published November 2013
- M.B.A., Yale University
- B.Com., Business Management, University of Bombay